Thursday, May 14, 2009

My New Desk


Last Sunday I received a wonderful Mother’s day gift from my husband and kids.

Other than the sweet handmade cards I’ve received over the years, I think this may be my favorite.

They gave me a desk with 20 odd shaped drawers.

It is not new, in fact it appears well used. It is not decorative – whoever built this did not worry too much about the aesthetics of the project. It is not even well cared for – the bottom shows distinct evidence of having been left in water for a long time. I am pretty sure it cost them very little.

I love this desk. This desk is perfect. It is well built, functional, unique, and perfectly suited to solve the problem of trying to keep my jewelry making tools and supplies organized while giving me a great place to work.

I had never complained about the little card table that was home to my jewelry making crafts. I didn't even realize how inadequate it was. But Mark and the kids knew - and they found this for me.

It does nothing for anyone else in the house. There is no benefit, no secondary gain in this for anyone. It will be tucked away in my craft room, making my life better, and reminding me I am loved.

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely desk. I am a sucker for drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even begin to describe how disgustingly jealous I am.

    Great job Shelley's family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!!! I love drawers and hidey holes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That desk is brilliant! That's like one of those finds you literally have dreams and wake up disappointed it isn't real...you're now living the dream! :-)

    ReplyDelete